If there’s one thing Tom Ritchey knows, it’s dirt. When he first designed the Ultra he knew it would appeal to riders who demand specific ride characteristics and trail slaying only he could deliver- and that was in the 80’s! Good design withstands the test of time, and the latest iteration of the Ultra is a prime example. Like its predecessor from 30 years ago the new Ultra occupies a unique ride space, appealing to cross-country riders looking to get rowdy and go big to enduro riders lusting for some all-mountain shredding.
Designed around a 120mm travel fork and super stable Boost 148 spacing, much of the fun is in the versatility of wheel choice. Throw on some 29s for some trail-smashing XC riding, or saddle up some 27.5+ for some serious no-holds-barred shredding.
That shredding is abetted by the smooth-riding Ritchey Logic steel tubing with beautifully engineered dropouts and a svelte forged-and-machined tapered head tube made for integrated headsets.
The Ultra is a rough and rugged trail master that doesn’t know when to quit.
- Compatible with 27.5 x 2.8 or 29 x 2.4 tires
- Internal routing for a dropper post
- Boost 148x12 rear spacing
- Material: Ritchey Logic Tubing
- Optimized for 120mm suspension travel
- Sizes: S (15"), M (17"), L (19")
- Ultra-light Forged and machined tapered head tube
- Integrated 1.5” tapered Drop in Headset
- Fits up to 27.5”x2.8” or 29”x2.4” tires
- 148 x 12mm rear end with replaceable stainless steel derailleur hanger
- 30.9mm seat tube with stealth dropper routing
- Designed to accommodate 1X or 2X chainwheels
- Color: Sierra Slate
- $999.00 / €999.00